Re: [Nmh-workers] hooks interface issues

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] hooks interface issues
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 11:01:16 -0500

>mh_profile seems like a good place for this. There coudl also
>potentially be a cookbook somewhere on extending nmh, with references to
>this, Jerry's book, contribs, GUIs, etc.

Jerry's book is open source, and can be modified.  Sigh .. so much
documentation to do, so little time.

>There's a non-printable character before the second colon. The file was
>not new-line terminated, and so the code was trying to invoke a bogus
>command >-/ After adding a new line, all hooks are firing. Ought one not
>be permissive of input though?

When you say "the file was not new-line terminated", which file?  If it
was your .mh_profile ... I guess that's the fault of m_getfld().  Sigh.
How did you even do that?  I mean, that takes some effort.  I suppose
thats why no one has never noticed before.