Re: [Nmh-workers] About mhshow tuning and replies to MIME messages with

From: Mikhail
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] About mhshow tuning and replies to MIME messages with a attachments
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 00:36:25 +0400

Ken Hornstein writes:
>>Can you give an insight into targeted behavior for 1.6 and what is your
>>"ideal" behavior look like?
>
>In general, what I would like for 1.6 is:
>
>- Not to invoke the pager for each MIME part.
>- Internal use of iconv to convert to the proper character set.
>- Not attempt to display parts with a disposition of "attachment".

Those a very good goals to improve daily nmh usage, also they're
reflecting my own view.

Last one looks to me like a low-hanging fruit. Seem all magic is done
in mhshowsbr.c:show_switch(), it has all power to (not to) display the
content.

What's your desired solution for it? From user-perspective - new switch
to mhshow, like -noshowattach? And from developer's one - another
parameter to show_switch() to decide whether or not to display the
attachment?