Re: [Nmh-workers] m_getfld() bug fix

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] m_getfld() bug fix
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 16:44:28 -0500

I wrote:

> Valdis wrote:
>
> > Verdict: elinks is introducing the 3 blanks.
>
> Thanks, I'll install elinks and see what I can do to handle it.

The test relies on diff -b to compare the text lines.
Two problems here:

1) POSIX diff only has -b (not -w), and it says that a line with
   no space is different than the otherwise same line with
   leading space.

2) elinks inserts some non-breakable spaces (U+00A0), and GNU
   diff doesn't recognize them as whitespace (my LANG is
   en_US.UTF-8).

Any quick suggestions for a bulletproof diff here?  Ralph,
you again?