Re: [Nmh-workers] IMAP, again

From: Joel Uckelman
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] IMAP, again
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 11:35:54 -0700

Thus spake Ken Hornstein:
> So, I just found out about this:
>
>       http://offlineimap.org
>
> It seems like it's close to what people are interested in.  The big wrinkle
> is that right now the local store is Maildir; it occurs to me that it
> should be straightforward to add nmh folder support to it.

It seems to me there are two IMAP-related things people have wanted:

  1) Have nmh commands act on IMAP-stored messages.

  2) Expose an nmh folder via IMAP.

#1 would let you use nmh against arbitrary IMAP accounts. #2 would
let you access your existing nmh storage over IMAP. I think both would
be neat, but the one I really want is #2.

I looked this over a bit and wasn't able to satisfy myself as to what
OfflineIMAP would do.

--
J.