[Nmh-workers] show in Debian Linux is slightly Different than in FreeBSD

From: Martin McCormick
Subject: [Nmh-workers] show in Debian Linux is slightly Different than in FreeBSD.
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 06:25:22 -0500

        When nmh is installed on a FreeBSD-based system, the
show command works as one would expect. You get whatever headers
you have selected to see plus the first screen of the message.
On two Linux systems, I get the selected headers as shown
below:

$show
(Message inbox:3156)

From:    OSUCommunications <address@hidden>
Subject: Subject text

(END)

The only way I can read the rest of the message is to type q and
it shows normally.

        I had originally thought I had accidentally set
something wrong in .mh_profile on the Linux systems but the only
real difference between a Linux installation and a FreeBSD
installation is one must make sure the path names for nmh
utilities are correct. When they are not, that is very obvious
as one sees errors related to the utilities that are not where
they were expected to be.

        When all the paths are right, it almost works. It
actually does work except for the pause and the nead to type q
to get the next screen.

        This is really not a new issue but I thought it was
peculiar to one system and then I discovered that it is
apparently common to at least Debian Linux systems, one of which
is Squeeze and the other is Wheezy.

        Thanks for any constructive suggestions. On the scale of
"doesn't work at all" being 1 and "works perfectly" being 10,
this is about 8, not quite right but not totally broken.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer