Re: [Nmh-workers] Relative Message Numbers

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Relative Message Numbers
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 23:42:12 -0400

Paul F. wrote:

> certainly.  i've already done man pages and tests.  i'll do find the
> pending notes and do those too.

Thank you for paying attention to those details.

(docs/pending-release-notes)

> is "make check" the only way to invoke the tests?  i couldn't see
> an easy way to invoke just one.

"make check" is the intended route.  It installs in
test/testdir/inst/ and runs each of the tests against
that installation.  The final one, test/cleanup, removes
the installation.

But each individual test can be invoked by just invoking the
test script itself, assuming it has the boilerplate that it
should have at the top.  It will install, if necessary, and
then run the test.  It does not clean up, so it's most
useful when developing the test itself.  test/cleanup (or
/bin/rm -fr test/testdir) should be used if code needs to be
modified and then tested.

There's also "make distcheck", it's worth doing every once
in a while.  It checks to see that no files are left where
they shouldn't be.

> (and, for some reason the slocal test always fails for me.
> different topic.)

If you let me know how it fails I'll look into it.  It's not
a rigorous test.