Re: [Nmh-workers] Limit of 27 messages sequences per folder

From: Jerrad Pierce
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Limit of 27 messages sequences per folder
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 22:03:53 -0400

>And I also think that nmh shouldn't have such a low limit on
>the number of sequences.  Even 59 is, or will soon be, too
>low for someone.  It'd be nice if we wouldn't have to

Really? This might be a bit of armchqir quarterbacking...
but it seems to me if you have 5 dozen sequences in one
folder you're doing it wrong e.g; keep hundreds of messages
in your inbox and using sequences like gmail labels rather
than using folders, or have many temporary things can be
handled with refile -link and rmf a la relative numbering.

It might offend one's engineer sensibilities that sequences
are limited, but on the flip-side there's something to be
said for simplicity and the fact that the system works, no?

Arbitrary and low limits from older system constraints should
be updated of course, but why rejigger everything for a use
case that nobody currently has? Nobody can have more than 27
labels, and it does not seem to have been an issue. If the
ceiling can be doubled without effort that makes sense though.