Re: [Nmh-workers] Syntax for choosing content transfer encoding

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Syntax for choosing content transfer encoding
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:06:46 -0500

Ken wrote:

> So now that we have that settled .... suggestions for syntax for
> selecting a Content-Transfer-Encoding? :-)

"*8bit", etc., is fine.

I assume the most likely use would be to specify 8bit, q-p,
or base64 when mhbuild wouldn't pick one of those on its
own?  If I tried to use 7bit or 8bit for something that
needs to be encoded, would it just ignore that?  If
so, maybe "?8bit" to convey that it's more of a suggestion
than a selection?