Re: [Nmh-workers] Reorganizing MIME functions

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Reorganizing MIME functions
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 21:33:25 -0500

>> - We don't decend into message/rfc822 types to make any MIME content of
>>   those messages available; should we?
>
>yes, though that'll put some stress on our mime handling elsewhere,
>since we don't have generic messagepart handling.

Well, there are routines in the MIME library to handle message/rfc822 parts
(that's what happens when you encounter one of those now).  But the way
the MIME routines deal with sub-parts now is a bit weird ... you have to
know that your MIME part has sub-types.  Right now all of the code that
deals with sub-parts only knows about multiparts, so we can add code to
deal with sub-parts under message/rfc822 piecemeal.