nmh-workers

[Nmh-workers] Undocumented stuff in slocal

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Undocumented stuff in slocal
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 12:25:53 -0500

I was trying to figure out why slocal needs the utmpx functions, and here's
what I found.

There is an undocumented feature that can be appended to every slocal
action.  If you add after the last field a string marked "select" it will
only run that action if you're logged in.  If you add two more arguments
they are apparently times of the form "hh:dd" that will cause the program
to be run only if it is between those two times.  I strongly suspect this
was designed to be used in conjunction with rcvtty.

As far as I can tell, this isn't documented anywhere.  Does anyone use this
functionality?

--Ken