Re: [Nmh-workers] Trailing Spaces on Default repl mhl.reply.

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Trailing Spaces on Default repl mhl.reply.
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:14:02 -0500

>When repl(1) uses mhl to quote the original email's body, e.g.
>
>    body:component="> ",overflowtext="> ",overflowoffset=0
>
>blank lines end up with a trailing space.  Should trailing whitespace
>always be stripped from these lines?  If not, could it be yet-another
>option/mhl-variable?  I'd much prefer not adding the clutter and just
>doing it but perhaps others can think of occasions it's not wanted!?

Sigh.  Have you LOOKED at the mhl code, Ralph?  And have you really looked
at now "quoting" of email works?  (Short answer: it's misusing existing
component handling).  If someone else wants to tackle it, fine ... but I have
to admit that I'm not interested.  mhl needs a complete rototilling to
handle MIME properly, and quoting would be part of that.

Also:

- Does an extra space on a blank line really hurt anything?
- How come you're not using replyfilter? :-)