Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh internals: argument processing

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh internals: argument processing
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 16:09:56 +0000

Hi Paul,

> does this solution lead to symbols that can't be found with
> simple search tools?  a quick skim made me think it doesn't, but
> wanted to check.  i.e., will i find a reference to, say, MARK_FOO
> in the code that i can't grep for, because it was constructed with
>     name ## _FOO
> or something like that?

There's MARK_SWITCHES that's defined and never used directly.  But then
it's indirectly used immediately afterwards by the next two paragraphs.
The code that uses the array, e.g. `switches', uses the same identifier
as is passed to DEFINE_SWITCH_ARRAY() so there's a match for `grep -rw'
or similar there.  The enumerates are being specified in full;  although
they have a common `SW' suffix in the mark.c example I didn't think the
saving/obsfucation a good trade-off.