Re: [Nmh-workers] fpurge()

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] fpurge()
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 00:55:35 -0500

>> In mhl discard() is called in the SIGINT interrupt handler; I guess the
>> idea there is to prevent any more stuff from being written out.  Right
>> after that putchar('\n') is called, so clearly they're not worried about
>> SIGPIPE.  I think we could safely just remove that.
>
>That being the newline?  I think we should leave it, in case
>part of a line had been output.  If you mean the discard() call,
>it seems reasonable to purge (tcflush) stdout there.

I was talking about the discard() call.  But ... I'm wondering if in
modern systems tcflush() is that useful.  That only purges the the
data from the tty buffer, right?  I can see that being useful if you're
sitting at the other end of a 2400 baud modem, but nowadays that's going
to be written out to a pty and end up in a socket buffer somewhere that
tcflush() can't touch.  I think we could just get rid of it completely
and it won't matter.