Re: [Nmh-workers] bug in decode_rfc2047()

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] bug in decode_rfc2047()
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 19:10:46 -0500

On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 13:31:45 -0500, Ken Hornstein said:

> Unless we have a LOT of multibyte character sets to deal with, perhaps
> the special-case here for UTF8 is the best alternative?  Any other thoughts
> on this matter?

I haven't seen much 2022-jp or other similar stuff of late.  It's probably
OK to fix the code so we do something reasonable for utf-8 and just punt
for other multibyte codes until an actual problem is found (and somebody
who understands the innards of the multibyte code well enough to speak
authoritatively as to what we should do).