Re: [Nmh-workers] m_getfld() interface

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] m_getfld() interface
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:59:05 -0500

I wrote:

> 1) Changed type of name argument from unsigned char * to
>    unsigned char[NAMESZ].
>
> 2) Changed msg_style and msg_delim to be file static.
>
> 3) Change bufsz to be in-out instead of in, and therefore
>    int * instead of int, and use that instead of global
>    msg_count.

I created an m_getfld branch and made those changes.

Then for fun, I replaced all that stdio buffer nastiness in
m_getfld.c with a single call to fread() and then some
almost straightforward buffer manipulations.  It passes the
test suite and seems to perform the same (even 1-2% percent
faster), so I committed to the branch.

There are plenty of ways to improve what's there, but I
think this is a step forward and doesn't give up anything.
Needlesstosay, it needs to be reviewed.