Re: [Nmh-workers] Git Annoyances

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Git Annoyances
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:28:36 -0800

On 2012-12-11, at 6:20 PM, Paul Fox wrote:

> i wouldn't want diffs by mail, but a more concise message (perhaps
> just the output of "git log master" since the last mail), and links
> to the commits would be nice.

We used to get diffs by mail.  I bitched loudly until they were shut down.
Yes, David, you were right :-)

What would be useful, though, would be links to a set of diffs that could be
viewed externally.  Whether those are git blobs, or a web URL to a page that
throws up a contextualized 3-way diff ... we can argue about that.  Really, it
could be both.  I just think we could be condensing a lot more information into
those commit announcements.

--lyndon