Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshowing a specific mime part

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshowing a specific mime part
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 08:08:45 -0500

ralph wrote:
 > Hi Paul,
 >
 > >     $ mhlist
 > >      msg part  type/subtype              size description
 > >
 > >      123       multipart/mixed           7746
 > >          1     multipart/alternative     7287
 > >          1.1   text/html                 3850
 > >          1.2   text/plain                2987
 > >          2     text/plain                 138
 > >     $ mhshow -part 1.1
 > >     Date:    Wed, 05 Dec 2012 11:41:19 -0500
 > >     To:      ...
 > >     cc:      ...
 > >     From:    ...
 > >     Subject: ...
 > >

 > >     mhshow: don't know how to display any of the contents
 > >             (content multipart/alternative in message 123, part 1)
 >
 > Presumably -part 1.2 works OK?  I've
 >
 >     $ g html ~/.mh_profile
 >     mhshow-suffix-text/html: .html
 >     mhshow-show-text/html: lynx -dump -width `tput cols` '%F' | expand | sed
 > 's/  *$//' | cat -s | m
 >     $
 >
 > See mhshow(1).  ~/bin/m is an exec of less(1).

doh!  while testing that i forgot that i normally disable text/html by
default (in order to force selecting the text part), and that i'd have
to set a special $MHSHOW in this case.

paul
p.s.  sorry for the dup posting -- sent one from my work address, and
when it didn't come back right away, figured it had been dropped, and
sent another.

 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 24.6 degrees)