Re: [Nmh-workers] Email access while traveling?

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Email access while traveling?
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:30:19 -0400

>One problem I have more and more often with running nmh in a
>terminal is that people and systems frequently send messages
>encoded as html or in the Microsoft variant of quoted-printable.
>Neither of these is very usable in my terminal windows.  I think
>that's likely because I haven't kept up on my MIME definitions
>in my MHN config file.  Maybe I should unhook all my stale stuff
>and see what the latest version of nmh (which I'm running) can do
>with these formats.

So that's actually something I want to tackle for 1.6 (or 2.0,
whatever we decide to do it).  "mhshow" actually tries to decode
MIME stuff; I want to give it some more intelligence when it comes
to dealing with things like multipart/alternative (actually, I think
"mhshow" should disappear and should simply be replaced by a better
"show").  Also ... it occurs to me that you could use replyfilter
as a basis to do better MIME display stuff with 1.5.