Re: [Nmh-workers] The attach feature

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] The attach feature
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:29:30 -0400

>Ah.  Well, if your argument is with the existence of whatnow as opposed
>to the addition of attach to the existing whatnow we're in agreement.
>As per other heated discussions on this list, there is a strong "don't
>break things" mentality on this list (which got misplaced on the last
>release) and the attachment code is the way it is in order to not break
>things.

I'm not sure I'd used the word "misplaced" regarding the backwards
compatibility issue ... that implies we don't know where it went :-)
"Relaxed" might be better.

Yes, I know you're probably still stinging a bit about getting bit
by draft messages requiring a From: header.  Believe me, that change
wasn't made lightly and we had a serious debate about it (but with
remarkably few dissenters).  It's a constant balancing act between
"make sure old stuff worked" and "bring in new features".  Admittedly,
that wasn't so much of a new features as cleaning up a bunch of
junk which barely worked in the first place.  But as a side effect
we got a bunch of new features out of it.