Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.5 doesn't work on 64-bit big-endian archs (+patc

From: Alexander Zangerl
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.5 doesn't work on 64-bit big-endian archs (+patch)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 22:24:51 +1000

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:15:29 -0400, Ken Hornstein writes:
>>i've run into another gotcha: the base64-decoder doesn't
>>work on 64-bit big-endian architectures: mhstore and co. write
>>files of the correct length but which consist only of \0s.
>
>Just curious ... did the test suite catch this?  Because if it didn't, then
>we should DEFINITELY have a test for it.

it did, but the info that it provided was not overly helpful - just some
mhlists and mhstore 'contents of expected and actual differ'
and indications of faulty content-md5 hashes. it took me most of a day
with printf and the source to figure out what was *really* going on...

regards
az

--
Alexander Zangerl + GnuPG Keys 0x42BD645D or 0x5B586291 + http://snafu.priv.at/
"Alas I've yet to find a gig which offers "control of Orbital Anvil