Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5RC3 no longer honors mts.conf localname setting for

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5RC3 no longer honors mts.conf localname setting for Message-ID?
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 20:55:10 -0400

I see from your later message you found the -msgid flag in your .mh_profile,
so skipping over that ...

>>> BTW, while I am looking at this, it seems even more bizarre that
>>> LocaleName will apply "localdomain" even when it's ignoring "localname".
>
>> Not at all; if localname is unqualified, then it makes perfect sense
>> to append localdomain.
>
>But does the same apply to the result of getaddrinfo?  Hard to tell.

Hrm.  I guess I hadn't completely thought about the implications
of how localdomain was implemented; I didn't really think about the
issue of LocalName(0) versus LocalName(1).  But your point is well
taken; it doesn't really make sense to apply localdomain to both,
does it?  I think that if you're using localname you would be
expected to supply a FQDN, and localdomain should only apply in the
LocalName(1) case.

My gut feeling is that localdomain is so rarely used nowadays that
it's not worth fixing it for 1.5.  Thoughts from anyone else?  For
post-1.5 I'd be fine with either using localdomain for only the
LocalName(1) case or junking support for it completely.  Or perhaps
doing something else altogether.  Thoughts?