Re: [Nmh-workers] A € for your thoughts - should we fix UTF-8 subject ou

From: paul vixie
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] A € for your thoughts - should we fix UTF-8 subject output in scan for 1.5?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 04:52:16 +0000

On 5/21/2012 2:44 AM, Ken Hornstein wrote:
>> Considering that this has never worked before, it seems a bit late in
>> the release cycle to be fixing it post-RC2.
> Well, I guess it depends on your perspective.  Is this a portability
> problem?  Linux (the one I tested) returns 0 for isspace() &&
> iscntrl() > 127.  If that's true for you, it works fine.

weighing in a second time on the same thread: it's not a regression nor
a new bug and so would normally not warrant a post-RC fix. but it's been
busted for a long time and it *is* a portability problem not a logic
problem. so i'm edged over to the "yes we should fix it in 1.5" answer.

> It may be that fixing cpstripped() (works for some systems, not
> others) is one problem and fixing the scan output (has never worked
> for anybody) is another problem.  Let's just consider the former:
> fix for 1.5 or not?

to repeat: if you can write a couple of tests, and if this mailing list
reviews the patch, i'm +1 to it.

paul