Re: [Nmh-workers] Thoughts on 1.5 release candidates

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Thoughts on 1.5 release candidates
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 22:25:00 -0400

ken wrote:
 > Greetings all,
 >
 > I think this time around we've gotten some more traction on this release;
 > we've even got people upgrading from 1.0 (!) and on what sounds to be
 > rather ancient hardware.  As always, it turns out Paul Vixie was right ...
 > a longer release cycle this time is definitely a good thing.
 >
 > So, I'm wondering ... what do people think so far of 1.5-RC2?  Have you
 > tried it?  If so, are you happy with it?  If you haven't ... how come?
 > No judgement here, I'm trying to figure out what would make it easier
 > for you to try it out.
 >
 > Any other comments, good or bad, are welcome.

so far so good.

one nit:  when configured with sendmail rather than smtp (i used
the docs/contrib/build_nmh script to do this, so i can't quote what
that did under the covers), the "make check" step fails.  all of
(well, most of ) the test-post-* scripts fail because they set up
a local fakesmtp program using -server 127.0.0.1 and -port BIGNUM,
and presumably send fails to connect to it due to the config.

paul
 paul fox, address@hidden (arlington, ma, where it's 54.7 degrees)