Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5 release and better repl/MIME handling

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5 release and better repl/MIME handling
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 08:50:35 -0400

Ken wrote:

> Okay, so I am thinking that perhaps we are close to ready to start the
> 1.5 release cycle; I don't have anything else on my plate that I'd like
> to see in there.  So if anyone else has any code they would like to see
> in nmh for 1.5, now is the time they should speak up!

I'd prefer to see 1.5 go out soon and then dedicate the
next release to better repl/MIME handling.

> If people think it's a good idea I wouldn't mind shipping this with
> nmh, but I'm not sure where is should go; right now nmh doesn't have
> a dependency on perl.  We could always put it in the "docs" directory.
> Anyway, please let me know what you think!

I'm fine with perl but I expect not everyone will be.

Configure could check for MailTools, and at least warn if it's
not available.  Maybe grab it only if a new configure option
for this purpose was specified.

How about a new "contrib" directory?  This has been brought up
before.