Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5 release and better repl/MIME handling

From: Jon Fairbairn
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.5 release and better repl/MIME handling
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 08:51:19 +0100

Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been living with "par" as my formatproc for a while now, and for
> simple cases it's been great.  But it has some unfortunate side effects.
> It works "okay" on more modern messages designed to be reflowed (although
> I still get q-p equal signs sprinkled throughout the message).  But for
> already-repl'able messages, especially ones with source code in them,
> it really chews them up.  So it's good for some things, not so good
> for others.
>
> But that got me to thinking - maybe I could have a more intelligent
> formatproc that could handle MIME?

I haven’t been following the discussion very closely, but what
strikes me is, are you saying that it’s difficult to arrange
(within mh) that a different formatproc is called (for each mime
part) depending on the mime type? So your perl script does this?

--
Jón Fairbairn                                 address@hidden