Re: [Nmh-workers] whatnow: can't attach because no header field name was

From: Jon Steinhart
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] whatnow: can't attach because no header field name was given.
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:23:10 -0700

address@hidden writes:
> --==_Exmh_1331860781_2149P
>
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 18:02:48 PDT, Jon Steinhart said:
>
> > And yes, having defaults for common content types in the profile would
> > be a good thing.  At the time that I wrote this stuff suffixes were not
> > nearly as standardized as they are today.
>
> Wow.  Maybe somebody should gather them all up into a file and call
> it /etc/mime.types or something, so all programs could benefit?
>
> </snark>

Whoa, sarcasm.  It's SOOOOOO appreciated :)

This all goes back to the "don't break things" approach that I took when I
wrote this originally.  Maybe it's time to revisit it.  It's a complex issue
because of the linkage between mime types and helper applications.  I used
what was there which comes from mhshow.  No real objection to changing it
althout /etc/mime.types may not exist on all systems.  Also, there are
probably considerable differences in choices of helper applications.

Jon