Re: [Nmh-workers] I need help configuring nmh 1.4

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] I need help configuring nmh 1.4
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:13:57 -0500

>       norm: loses; [USER] 550 5.1.1 <norm>... User unknown
>     post: 1 addressee undeliverable send: message not delivered to anyone

So, I'm wondering ... previous version of nmh worked fine, is that
right?  What version did you have previously?  If you still have that old
version of nmh around, what does it say when you say "send -snoop"?

I'm reading your bounce email ... and I'm puzzled as to how upgrading to
nmh 1.4 fixed this problem.  I mean, it was complaining that you didn't
have a reverse DNS entry; how did upgrading nmh fix that?  Or is it that
you changed your nmh configuration to always submit via SMTP to your ISP
instead of a local sendmail instance?

This gets into a more complicated issue ... should nmh fully canonicalize
addresses on the "To:" line?  Is that a server-side policy?

It occurs to me that a simple solution would be to put an alias for "norm"
to "address@hidden".