Re: [Nmh-workers] #ifdef UCI

From: Ken Hornstein
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] #ifdef UCI
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 13:35:28 -0500

>uip/send.c and uip/whatnowsbr.c:  auto-append .signature file when sending
>This is probably Bad and Wrong, because if you're sending a MIME
>message (like this one), the appended text will end up outside the
>MIME boundaries and thus not displayed by the recipient MUA.  Should
>be heaved over the side.

Yeah, that's my thinking as well.

>whatnowsbr.c and big chunk of send.c look identical, probably should
>be abstracted into a libnmh.so.  Just sayin'.

Yeah, I heard it already from Paul Vixie :-)

>rmf.c: We loop across a directory, and try to unlink messages one
>at a time.  The code skips over files that start with BACKUP_PREFIX,
>a ",", or (if MHE is defined a "+").  For UCI, we add "_" and "#" to the
>list.  Does current mh-e use + as the deleted flag?

I don't know; I just got rid of that code, since Jeff Honig said that
modern mh-e doesn't need it.

>That code needs to be looked at - basically BACKUP_PREFIX
>is defaulted to "," anyhow.  The question is if nmh was configured with
>some other value, should it continue to skip over ",nnnn" files anyhow?

I think that's orthogonal to keeping that particular bit of UCI code...

>anno.c: if invoked as 'fanno', it forces -nodate as a parameter.  Not sure
>why anno vs fanno mattes here? Anybody know the logic/history here?

Got me.

>conflict.c: Turns on some "group leader" code I don't pretend to understand
>at first reading.

Yeah, and I question how relevant conflict is to modern mail setups, anyway.
Sounds to me like it's all safe to remove.