[Nmh-workers] vmh and other unused files

From: David Levine
Subject: [Nmh-workers] vmh and other unused files
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 12:00:38 -0500

Lyndon wrote, over a year ago:

> Out of general curiosity, have any of you actually used vmh to
> read/send mail?
>
> I was always curious why MH would include a curses client, and every
> once in a while the fit takes me to try it.  In 25 years I've never
> been able to make it do anything more than complain about my terminal
> being too stupid to run on.
>
> Maybe there is someone out there who knows someone who knows someone
> who saw it run once ...

It's time, I think, to remove vmh.c.  If someone wants it
they can get it from nmh 1.4 or prior.  These files can
be removed:

  h/vmhsbr.h
  uip/vmh.c
  uip/vmhsbr.c
  uip/vmhtest.c
  man/vmh.man

plus references in these:

  h/Makefile.in
  man/Makefile.in
  uip/Makefile.in
  config.h.in

Also:
  uip/wmh.c
    -Windowing MH for Integrated Solutions
     Graphics Workstations; not standardly installed for now since
     requires special load libraries [and header files]

Also, these files are unused, at least on POSIX platforms:

  sbr/memmove.c
  sbr/snprintf.c
  sbr/strdup.c
  sbr/strerror.c

Any objection to removing all of this?  That snfprintf.c is
Apache licensed so should definitely go.

Lyndon, should I remove on the posix branch also or stay out
of your way?