Re: [Nmh-workers] Understanding nmh (aka. What's the goal) [ really non-

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Understanding nmh (aka. What's the goal) [ really non-ASCII message bodies ]
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 19:19:47 +0000

markus schnalke wrote:
> (4) no attachments & non-ASCII -> no MIME; the message contains
>     non-ASCII chars; the recipient can not know which charset the
>     non-ASCII chars had been.
>
> To cover case 4, one needs to run mime at the whatnow prompt manually.

Yes, and I find that annoying.  Most of the time I want to sent non-MIME
ASCII emails and I do that just fine.  Sometimes my English email will
mention money, £42, and if I forget to "mime" at whatnow I send a broken
email.  So far, markus' approach of catching this fourth case sounds
good.  What's currently happening is wrong AFAICS.

Cheers,
Ralph.