[Nmh-workers] Why doesn't post consult .mh_profile?

From: Earl Hood
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Why doesn't post consult .mh_profile?
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 03:41:17 -0600

I find it annoying that I have to replicate command-line options
for 'send', 'push', and 'whom' because post does not consult
the .mh_profile file.

For example, if you use sasl, I have to specify the same set of
sasl arguments multiple times:

  push: -unique -sasl -saslmech LOGIN -user user -server example.com -port 2000
  send: -verbose -sasl -saslmech LOGIN -user user -server example.com -port 2000
  whom: -check -sasl -saslmech LOGIN -user user -server example.com -port 2000

It would be nice to only specify them once, mainly to the program
that actually uses them:

  post: -sasl -saslmech LOGIN -user user -server example.com -port 2000

So the other entries can be kept simple:

  push: -unique
  send: -verbose
  whom: -check

--ewh