Re: [Nmh-workers] imap with fuse

From: David Keijser
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] imap with fuse
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 19:18:40 +0200

2009/10/8 Paul Fox <address@hidden>:
> david wrote:
>  > Hi nmh-workers, sorry for this a bit off-topic email but I think some of
>  > you might find this interesting as I have seen imap+nmh discussed before
>  > on this list.
>  >
>  > To give a bit of background I once again got fed up with Evolution and
>  > every other mailclient I'm trying to use. This time around I got the tip
>  > to try nmh and while I liked the concept the no-imap is quite a
>  > showstopper for me.
>  >
>  > So I decided to try to do something about it and the result of a few
>  > evenings hacking is a fuse filesystem for mounting imap mailboxes. It's
>  > not fully functional yet but it's possible to scan for mail and move
>  > messages and directories around with mv.
>
> excellent.  curious, i did some googling.  have you seen:
>    http://www.scratchpost.org/hack/IMAPFS/
>
> similar goals.  haven't looked at their code, nor yours.
>
> paul
Only briefly. However when I initially looked for similar things I
think I accidently followed the sourceforge link without really
reading and dismissed it. Looks like we've focused on diffrent things;
I see no mkdir or move in his code while the plain message reading
looks more robust.

I can propably use some of that code, or the other way around.