Re: [Nmh-workers] how to have "Date:" header field added to message when

From: =JeffH
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] how to have "Date:" header field added to message when posting mail directly via SMTP ?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 06:18:23 -0700

Ok, thanks to both Anders & Ken for their kind responses.

I've done some more thorough investigation and am really puzzled wrt what is going on. The initial debugging I'd done with the level 2 d00d at the hosting provider had seemed to indicate that the nmh toolchain (perhaps) wasn't inserting Date: into the outgoing message (i.e. when supplying the data following issuing the DATA smtp command).

So I got myself libnet-smtp-server-perl and hacked up the example perl script that instantiates a simple smtp server such that it'd echo to the terminal whatever a smtp client sends it, and here's what I see..

> sudo /usr/local/bin/smtp-testing-server.pl

Envelope-from-to: