Re: [Nmh-workers] stealthily adding header lines?

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] stealthily adding header lines?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 22:16:04 +1100

> How do I stealthily add header lines to outgoing mail?  I know about
> the components file, but I want to do it after whatnowproc so I
> don't see 'em in Editor.
>
> I traced post and grep'ed on open() came up empty.
>
> If not with nmh, then I'll do it with sendmail, but I'd really like
> to do it per-user.

Message headers don't need to be in any particular order so use
any text processing tool you like (I'd use cat) to prepend the header
you want to add when the message is passed to send or post. If your
users won't try to circumvent the config you can do this with postproc
in mh-profile (I wouldn't recommend sendproc). If they would then the
easiest way to do that might be to replace post with a shell
script that does the preprocessing and calls post.

Cheers,

        - Joel