nmh-workers

Re: [Nmh-workers] odd whatnow -attach behaviour

From: Jon Steinhart
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] odd whatnow -attach behaviour
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:04:02 -0700

> I don't use whatnow -attach, but I was fiddling around with it making a
> test case for a related issue, and I noticed that it seems to behave a
> bit oddly:
>
> mnementh$ whatnow -attach foo
>
> What now? attach foo_bar/baz
>
> What now? alist
> baz
>
> What now? detach foo_bar/baz
>
> What now? alist
> baz
>

> So the 'detach' doesn't complain, but it doesn't actually seem to do
> anything either...
>
> Anybody who actually uses this know if this is a bug or expected behaviour?
>
> -- PMM

This is probably mine to handle but I'm in the middle of a big vacation
for my wife's sabbatical so won't get to it until mid-September.  This is
my one day to check email for August!

My guess is that this is not a bug; read the README-ATTACHMENTS or whatever
it is called.  "detach baz" will probably work.

We can get into a whole discussion of the correct behavior; I asked for
feedback on this years ago before implementation.

Jon