Re: [Nmh-workers] improving nmh's MIME support

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] improving nmh's MIME support
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 05:50:30 -0400

On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 10:34:14 BST, address@hidden said:

> F: support MIME in replying
>
> F1: when producing the draft file to be edited
>
> The replcomps file will need to be updated to include suitable calls
> to decode(). Then the headers will appear in the editor correctly.
>
> repl uses an mhl format file to process the body text. So if we've
> changed mhl as described in D above we can use that to include a
> suitably decoded and charset-converted body.
>
> This will allow 'repl' on a MIME message to drop you into an editor
> with sensibly decoded text ready to edit.

Do you mean "replying to a single-body-part mail with MIME headers that
specify an C-T-E and 'Content-Type: charset='", and intentionally excluding
the whole *other* can-o-worms called "replying to a multipart that includes
possibly a text/plain and an application/msword" or similar?

Replying to a multipart in a sane manner is a bigger issue for me than
replying to a "foreign" charset....