Re: [Nmh-workers] cannot get envelop sender address correct

From: Zhang Weiwu
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] cannot get envelop sender address correct
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 20:11:30 +0800

Anders Eriksson wrote:
> address@hidden said:
>
>> here is another problem. After several days I found most of the emails I sent
>> did not arrive. I found it is because nmh always use address@hidden
>> ldomain as my envelop sender address, despite I have: Alternate-Mailboxes:
>> address@hidden
>>

> man mts.conf
>
> Your looking for draft_from.

Yes you are right. I fixed the problem by using draft_from and set up my
own ~/Mail/components which contains a From: xx line.

But I noticed when I reply somone's message, the From: xx line is
removed. I learned to create replcomps and use the following content for
replcomps:

            To: <Mail-Reply-To> or <Reply-To> or <From>
            cc: <To> and <cc> and <personal address>
            Fcc: {fcc switch} or +outbox
            Subject: Re: <Subject>
            From: address@hidden
            Comments: In-Reply-To <From> or <apparently from> or <Sender>
               message dated <date>
            --------

Then I do a reply, it turns out the parts in brackets (<To>) was not
replaced with the right value.

Then what's the reliable way to make reply also From the same email
address as I do with comp?

I am using exmh so probably this behavior is related to that.

--
Real Softservice

Huateng Tower, Unit 1788
Jia 302 3rd area of Jinsong, Chao Yang