Re: [Nmh-workers] Alas, No nmh in RedHat 4

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Alas, No nmh in RedHat 4
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:00:14 +1000

Sorry for the late reply; been swamped. Hopefully can catch up now.

> >> I happen to have some spare time, which I could use to work out
> >> whether there are bugs in the bug tracking system which ought to
> >> be fixed, fix them, etc, if these are likely to get into a release...
> >
> >I think the first step should be to create a 1.3 branch in CVS and then
> >do the release work on that. There are some changes I've been keeping
> >to myself because they're a bit too radical to go into the next release,
> >I think, and if we branched I'd be able to check them into the trunk.
>
> Yeah, I guess a branch is the right thing here.
>
> What do we want to put into 1.3, then? Looking in the BTS, I don't
> think any of the bugs are particularly critical.

Ages ago (a year?) I went through the BTS and fixed as much as I could.
There are some new bug reports I haven't had a chance to look at yet,
however.

> So my vote would
> be for 'release 1.3 more or less as the head of CVS is now', and
> then go for a 1.4 hopefully not too long after that, with some of
> the other bugs fixed (inc from Maildir, tempfiles, better MIME
> support, maybe).

What I'm hoping for is active development on the trunk at all times and
every time we think things are stable and sufficiently different from
the last release, a new release is made.

Cheers,

        - Joel