RE: [Nmh-workers] Alas, No nmh in RedHat 4

From: Parker Jones
Subject: RE: [Nmh-workers] Alas, No nmh in RedHat 4
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 06:24:01 +1300

> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Alas, No nmh in RedHat 4
> From: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 19:11:08 +0100
> CC: address@hidden
>
> Norman Shapiro wrote:
> >If not, are the right sources to use
> >
> >        nmh-1.2.tar.gz
> >
> >        from
> >
> >        http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/nmh/
>
> That's now really quite old. I think you're probably better
> off taking the current head of CVS, which you can get with:
>
>  cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/nmh co nmh
>
> Ideally we ought to do another release at some point. Does anybody
> remember how to do one? :-)
>
> I happen to have some spare time, which I could use to work out
> whether there are bugs in the bug tracking system which ought to
> be fixed, fix them, etc, if these are likely to get into a release...
>
> -- PMM

Not too fussed about obscure bugs personally, core functionality seems fine to
me.  Apologies to those for whom it's not the case.

I'm more concerned about nmh dying.  If people have to compile from source,
there's a reasonable chance they won't bother.  I'd love to see up-to-date rpm
and deb packages get included in the common repositories (redhat/ubuntu/etc).
This would probably be the best way to bring in new users in my opinion.

Cheers,
PJ
Find singles in your area with Match.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fmatch%2Enz%2Emsn%2Ecom%2Fchannel%2Findex%2Easpx%3Ftrackingid%3D1043416&_r=WL_EMAL_TAG&_m=EXT