Re: [Nmh-workers] The invisible mail folder

From: Dan Harkless
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] The invisible mail folder
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:29:22 -0800

On February 25, 2007, Harald Geyer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just realized that you can do "refile 1 +" and it works perfectly well,
> that is: It does the only consistent thing to do and puts the message
> directly into ~/Mail

Yeah, I've run across that one as well (via typo).  Caused a little
consternation while I tried to figure out where the mail had been refiled
to.  This was on my to-do list to look at for when I eventually get some
time to hack on nmh again.

> Actually it seems that most commands work fairly well on "+" but there
> is one anomaly: The current folder always gets set to "+inbox", no matter
> where you start from! That is: "scan +" displays the contents of
> ~/Mail but sets the current folder to ~/Mail/inbox
>
> But if for some odd reason you want to set you current folder to ~/Mail
> you still can do it by specifying "+inbox/..".
>
> However "folders" will neither find "+" nor "+inbox/.." nor any
> equivalent (for obious reasons you'll say) thus making ~/Mail
> (and everything upwards in the hierarchy) an invisible folder.

Thanks for the report.  My personal opinion would be that it'd be better to
error if a non-empty folder name is given, rather than to get the rest of
the commands to work "properly" with a bare +.

--
Dan Harkless
http://harkless.org/dan/