[Nmh-workers] The invisible mail folder

From: Harald Geyer
Subject: [Nmh-workers] The invisible mail folder
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 03:49:23 +0100

Hi!

I just realized that you can do "refile 1 +" and it works perfectly well,
that is: It does the only consistent thing to do and puts the message
directly into ~/Mail

Actually it seems that most commands work fairly well on "+" but there
is one anomaly: The current folder always gets set to "+inbox", no matter
where you start from! That is: "scan +" displays the contents of
~/Mail but sets the current folder to ~/Mail/inbox

But if for some odd reason you want to set you current folder to ~/Mail
you still can do it by specifying "+inbox/..".

However "folders" will neither find "+" nor "+inbox/.." nor any
equivalent (for obious reasons you'll say) thus making ~/Mail
(and everything upwards in the hierarchy) an invisible folder.

I hope this mail distracts some of you a little from the real pain
this world is suffering...

Harald