Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh on Ubuntu

From: Joel Reicher
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh on Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 08:21:16 +1000

> I'm getting the error "post: can't exec no: No such file or directory" when
> trying to send a message with nmh.
>
> I'm running Ubuntu Breezy with Linux Kernel 2.6.12-10-amd64-generic.  My MT=
> is exim 3.36--it is fully configured and works.  I installed nmh
> 1.1-release-3 from the Ubuntu/Debian package.  I did the spost -> post
> symbolic link to correct the "problem initializing server; [BHST] premature
> end-of-file on socket" error.  My ~/.mh_profile only has "Path: Mail".  I
> haven't edited any of the nmh config files.

Have a look at the man page for post to see where your nmh installation
expects to find the post binary, then make sure it's actually in that
place.

> I've also attempted to build nmh 1.2, but am missing a library that provide=
> dbm_open().

That's unusual. I would have thought it's pretty standard on a UNIX system.

If you really don't have it, install either gdbm (GNU dbm) or Sleepycat's
Berkeley DB.

Cheers,

        - Joel