Re: [Nmh-workers] suppress Content-ID's with new mhbuild option?

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] suppress Content-ID's with new mhbuild option?
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 08:48:09 -0500

> > > Perhaps you should create a new utility that writes build directives
> > > and works both interactively and non-interactively, depending on the
> > > command line options? If it is able to write both directives and
> > > attachment headers, whatnow can use it for a *really* versatile way to
> > > attach stuff, and it could also be used from many UNIX editors with
> > > a shell.
> >
> > At this point, I don't see sufficient need.  Build
> > directives are straightforward.  I have only ever used two,
> > one for text and one for application attachments, and never
> > had to change their structure.
>
> Huh? Then why all this talk about getting whatnow to do this-or-that to
> the content parameters? That's what I'm suggesting might be best placed
> in a new utility.
>
> I certainly don't need it, but I'd prefer to see it there rather than
> in whatnow, or even a super-smart send or mhbuild.
>
> Perhaps I've misunderstood your objective.

My objective is to be able to use -attach, which is straightforward
and safer than dealing with mhbuild directives directly, to generate
MIME messages that 1) all versions of Outlook can understand, and 2)
are RFC 1806 and 2183 compliant.  mhbuild -nocontentid now gets me 1).
If we can get mhbuild -contentdisposition going, I'll have 2).