[Nmh-workers] Re: Why aren't "papers" in nmh distribution?

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Re: Why aren't "papers" in nmh distribution?
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:10:10 -0800

Oliver Kiddle <address@hidden> writes:

> Joel Reicher wrote:
>> Does anyone know why the contents of papers/ from mh-6.8.4 aren't in
>> the nmh distribution?
>
> I wouldn't know but their content is sufficiently old that they don't
> have much value other than historic interest. Jerry's book is more
> useful as a tutorial and reference. It's perhaps worth fixing them to
> compile and putting PDFs on the website but I'd have thought it was
> better to avoid having anything in the nmh distribution that we aren't
> prepared to maintain and update. If anything. it'd be good if we could
> remove more dead stuff from the distribution. vmh for example.

For what it's worth, I am moving MH from UCI where it has a tenuous
existence to SourceForge where it will eventually appear at
http://rand-mh.sourceforge.net/ (one can't have two letter project
names!). I can make the documents available there, outside of the
6.8.4 release, if folks wish.

I have to finish the MH-E 8.0 release and manual update first though.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD