Re: [Nmh-workers] Wish last item: allow + as separate argument

From: Igor Sobrado
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Wish last item: allow + as separate argument
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 00:13:25 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, address@hidden writes:
> Norman Shapiro wrote:
> >It would be nice to allow "+ folder" to mean "+folder". This would make it
> >easier to use shell wild cards in scripts and to use argument completion
> >in interactive shells.
>
> I think this sort of thing is really better done with shell script
> wrappers, configuring your shell to do tab-completion of folders, etc.
> (For example, I have some shell aliases that allow me to omit the '+'
> completely because they prepend it automatically to arguments which
> are valid folder names; this makes it easier to use nmh with speech
> recognition software.)

Agreed, using "+folder" on scripts like the one I sent some hours ago
is not difficult.  If I remember, the nmh tarball has some COMPLETION-*
files with the changes that must be added to the shell initialization
files to complete folder names.

I am not against the proposal of Norman, but certainly this change
should not be required for shell scripting or argument completion.

Best regards,
Igor.