Re: [Nmh-workers] [nmh-1.2] a serious bug in the nmh configure script

From: Igor Sobrado
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] [nmh-1.2] a serious bug in the nmh configure script
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 17:33:26 +0100

In message <address@hidden>, Joel Reicher writes:

> The more I look at what's on NetBSD the more I think this is Berkeley DB
> version 1, it's just that the headers aren't in a db1 subdir. I think
> the check should be for gdbm/ndbm.h first, then ndbm.h, then db.h, then
> db1/ndbm.h. While this doesn't cater for the situation where a vendor
> supplied ndbm has been replaced by Berkeley DB version 1, I think it's
> reasonable for the installer to give configure the path if they're unhappy
> with the vendor version.

Indeed, you are right, NetBSD is using Berkeley DB release 1.85 for
license reasons.  From http://netbsd.org/Documentation/software/3rdparty/:

db:
     Version in tree: 1.85
     Current Version: 1.86/4.3.28
Maintainer(external): Keith Bostic <address@hidden>
        Archive Site: http://www.sleepycat.com/download/index.shtml
               Notes: Note that we cannot use db 2.x for license reasons.
                      Three bug fixes against 1.85 sent back to bostic. Changes
                      to man/recno.3, hash/hsearch.c, and hash/ndbm.c
                      (serious). Import of DB 1.85 was done via a sh script
                      which converted the distribution into the netbsd format.
                      The script can be found in src/lib/libc/db/db2netbsd.

Best regards,
Igor.