[Nmh-workers] nmh and Mac OS X Mail/Thunderbird (for IMAP)

From: Nathan Bailey
Subject: [Nmh-workers] nmh and Mac OS X Mail/Thunderbird (for IMAP)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:04:13 +1100

I'm sure I remember someone talking about being able to use Mac OS X's
'Mail' with mh -- and indeed, symbolicly linking
"~/Library/Mail/address@hidden/INBOX.imapmbox/CachedMessages"
to "imap-in" seems to make "scan +imap-in" and "show +imap-in 1" work
just fine.

However, I would also like to be able to write (i.e. refile and rmm)
to these folders.  Is this possible?  Are others doing it?  How?

thanks :-)
PS: I have some (simple) perl scripts to pretend to do mh with our IMAP
server, but in this case, support for IMAP will not be sufficient.
I actually need to use Thunderbird for work; but cross-compatability
(even via Mail) would be great.  Thunderbird's folder format doesn't
appear to be sufficiently transparent to parse with mh + scripts.