Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: 1.1RC4: can't rebuild dtimep.c with modern flex

From: pmaydell
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: 1.1RC4: can't rebuild dtimep.c with modern flex
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:27:21 +0100

Bill Wohler wrote:
>address@hidden writes:
>
>> (Can't claim any credit for finding this, it's debian bug 320090:
>
>Thanks for helping out Nick in getting the Debian bugs fixed upstream.
>Has Nick entered the rest of the Debian bugs at Savannah?

Doesn't look like it.

> If not, it sounds like you could help him out in this way (after
> first checking with Nick, of course!).

I could do that if you like. Nick?

It would seem sensible to me to make sure that the next upstream
release includes all the patches currently applied to make the
Debian package. I found that of the 10 patches Debian currently
has 5 are already in 1.1RC4, and I think a few others may be
Debian-specific, so there aren't many of those.

But that rather depends on how quickly we want to get the next
release out of the door and how soon after that we plan to do
the one after :-)

I also think we should fix a problem where mhshow can segfault
on bogus MIME messages:
since it's an easy fix, and might even be an exploitable
security hole if you were really enthusiastic. But I'm biased :-)

-- PMM