Re: [Nmh-workers] mime-aware repl'ying

From: Paul Fox
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] mime-aware repl'ying
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:19:48 -0400

 > I have `-editor zprompter' in .mh_profile for repl. zprompter is a zsh
 > script I've written that is a bit like prompter. Among other things, it
 > does:
 >   exec 3>$1
 >   if [[ -n $editalt ]]; then
 >     mhshow -part 1 -form mhl.null -file $editalt | sed -e '1 d' -e 's/^/> /'
 > >&3
 >   fi

thanks.  given this start, and some ideas from the mhonarc script
mha-mhedit (which does a more complete job of text extraction), i
came up with the following.  add it as "repl:  -edit
mh.repledit".  make sure that your replcomps file ends in a blank
line to make extracting the header part of the draft easy.  also,
be sure and include a new "mh.repledit-next:  vi" or whatever
line in .mh_profile, to keep this from being run twice on your
message.

cat >mh.repledit <<EOF
#!/bin/sh

SIGFILE=$HOME/.signature
DRAFT=$1
CURRENT=$(mhpath cur)

# if the message being replied to is multipart, only quote the
# first part.  the first part will be quoted, regardless of its type.
if [ "$(sed  -e '/^$/,$d' $CURRENT |
        egrep -i '^content-type:[[:space:]]*multipart\/mixed' )" ]
then
    ( sed -n -e '1,/^$/p' $DRAFT
        mhshow -part 1 -form mhl.null -file $CURRENT |
        sed -e 1,2d -e 's/^/ > /'
    ) >$DRAFT.x
    mv $DRAFT.x $DRAFT
fi