[Nmh-workers] Re: BUG: arg order not respected

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: [Nmh-workers] Re: BUG: arg order not respected
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 09:49:51 -0700

Neil W Rickert <address@hidden> writes:

> Jerrad Pierce <address@hidden> wrote on Jun 3, 2005:
>
>>given
>>      show 107 96
>
>>show shows 96 and then 107, instead of respecting the order provided.
>
> That's a feature, not a bug.
>
> Similarly,
>
>       show 107 96 107
>
> will only show 107 once.  The message list is always sorted, and
> duplicated removed, before any use is made of it.

Interestingly, although I know this is a feature as well, I could not
find it documented in the show, scan (where it would also apply), or
mh man pages. However, the uniqueness is documented in the mh-sequence
man page:

  Repeated specifications of the same message have the same effect as
  a single specification of the message.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD